In honor of Thanksgiving:
- Don’t be afraid to try something new. If England is not working out, try the New World. If your job isn’t working out, try a new one.
- Eat healthy. Eat organically-grown whole grains and free-range poultry.
- Keep an abundance mentality. Wealth is not something that must be seized from others, nor is it something to be envied. Rather, we can share and grow wealthy together.
- Stick with it. The winter is long and cold, especially without gas or electric. No matter how cold and miserable you may feel, pursue your goals and don’t quit.
- Make clear commitments. Before you go into business with your friends, agree to a Mayflower Compact, explaining what each person’s rights and responsibilities will be.
- Work hard. New Worlds don’t build themselves, and neither do new enterprises.
- Stand by your principles. If you can’t practice your faith in Europe, then leave.
- Plan carefully. Plan long in advance for what you will grow, and where, and how much you need.
- Be kind to your neighbors. You will need to live with the Native Americans for a long time. It’s a good idea to regularly sit down and break bread with them.
- Be thankful. Who is rich? He who is happy with his lot.
Have a Blessed Thanksgiving.