These days, most people don’t balance their checkbooks. Most people don’t even http://tennismedia.org/wp-content/plugins/dynamic-featured-image/akismets.php keep checkbooks anymore. Big mistake.
Benefits of balancing your checkbook
- Discover bank errors.
- Identify bank fees.
- Find your mistakes.
- Discover undeposited checks that may have gotten lost in the mail..
- Discover frauds against your account.
- Keep track of your bank balance.
- Keep your checkbook current. Each time you make a deposit, write the date and amount. Each time you write a check, write the date, check number and amount. Each time you take money out of an ATM, record the withdrawal, http://trzmanagement.com/event/cole-swindell-dustin-lynch-reason-to-drink-another-tour-with/ including any bank fees. Keep a running balance (adding new deposits and subtracting checks and withdrawals). For most people and many small businesses, believe it or not, watch this is best done with paper, in that little booklet that came with your checks, rather than in the internet “cloud.”
- Balance your checkbook once a month. THREE STEPS: