Here is the blog you have been waiting for: The monthly reckoning. How much money I lost on this blog so far!
Before I begin, let me tell you that I bought Darren Rowse’s 31 Days to Build a Better Blog, which I am finding very helpful. There are many aspects to blogging and social media that I am unfamiliar with. The book walks you through it all, one small step at a time.
Here is how I accounted for my purchase it in GnuCash:
In this video you can also see my financial results for the Blog so far. My income statement shows that so far I’m running a $156 net loss without any revenues:
|Screen capture from GnuCash|
Here is my balance sheet. So far, I’ve invested $156.16 in capital, all of which was absorbed by my net loss:
|Another screen capture from GnuCash|
On the non-financial measures:
- My Klout score has increased from low 20’s to 32.
- There are now 56 posts on the Accountinator blog.
- I have 114 followers in Twitter.
- 569 pageviews in November
- Most popular post (23 hits): Social Media is Complicated 2.
Financial plan for December (quick and simple)
- Start AdSense. I’m not going to plan for any revenue to come from it quite yet. (When budgeting, always err on the side of caution.)
- Reactivate my CPA license. I can reactivate it by taking 24 hours of training and then paying a fee to New York State.
- I plan to purchase the training materials ($260)
- I think that the New York State fee is about $250.